Pupils take placement tests in English, Mathematics and their mother tongue.
Online English Placement Test (80 minutes)
- This tests pupils in Use of English, comprehension, vocabulary and listening
- Examples of these tests can be found at: www.oxfordenglishtesting.com
Written English Test (60 minutes)
- This tests pupils’ ability to write English in both formal and semi-formal writing contexts.
- Pupils are asked to write something about themselves (semi-formal) and a discursive essay.
Mother Tongue Test (20 minutes)
- This tests pupils’ ability to write a semi-formal essay in their Mother Tongue.
Mathematics Test (60 minutes)
- The test in Mathematics is aimed at testing pupils’ general mathematical ability, not their understanding of a UK mathematics syllabus.
Pupils are invited for face to face or Skype interview with The Mount, Mill Hill International Head subject to satisfactory performance in entrance tests.