Pastoral care of pupils at The Mount, Mill Hill International is at the heart of every pupil’s success. Whether a day or boarding pupil, the Housemaster or Houseparent together with a team of Tutors, aims to provide an environment that is both caring and supportive.
Each pupil is assigned a Tutor who looks after their academic progress and, with the Housemaster or Houseparent, takes care of their pastoral welfare.
- Weekly monitoring of academic progress with each tutee
- Any concerns raised in weekly staff meetings
- Support with homework and study skills
- Pupils reflect on their learning and develop learner independence
- Pupils write personal learning targets and are given advice on how to achieve them
- Daily monitoring of each tutee
- Each pupil’s co-curricular programme is carefully selected to ensure every pupil makes the most of their time at Mill Hill
- Pupils are encouraged to integrate into the life of Mill Hill School