In 2000 the Headmaster, William Winfireld, encouraged Mill Hill School to take a wider world view with the formation of three partnerships Sodo and Sadama, Ethiopia, East Africa; Sri Jayendra School, Tamil Nadu, South India; Los Pipitos, Nicaragua, Central America.
- Develop understanding of different peoples and cultures
- Encourage self-reliance and confidence
- Give a focus for school-wide fundraising
- Enable up to 30 sixth formers to travel and work with students in poorer countries
The School has continued to develop the Overseas Partnerships in India and Nicaragua and we are enormously proud of our achievements over the past thirteen years. We have recently developed a third Partnership in Zambia.
- Sri Jayendra School in Tamil Nadu, which aims to improve the chances of the poorest children in the local area. Mill Hill pupils are involved in teaching English at the school, fundraising for capital projects, sponsoring children who attend the school. Teachers from Sri Jayendra also visit Mill Hill on a regular basis.
- Los Pipitos Charity in Jinotepe, which provides assistance to parents and children with varying disabilities. Mill Hill pupils are involved in creative arts projects across two sites, supporting children with hearing impairments and fundraising for small projects.
- The School is currently working with the Tag Rugby Trust project, in Ndola, which uses rugby as a vehicle to ‘Build Futures’ by providing relevant and challenging opportunities for children and adults alike. Mill Hill pupils are involved in teaching the youngsters to play tag rugby before organising tournaments and sporting events for them to practise their new found skills.