There are three eating areas within the School – The Dining Hall, Café 6 for Upper Sixth Form pupils and The Refectory.
Mill Hill prides itself on the production of healthy and wholesome meals provided by our catering team. Boarders are offered three cooked meals a day in the School’s dining hall, and our day pupils are offered lunch. All food costs are included in the School fees.
We are committed to providing healthy food and encouraging in our pupils a lifelong interest in nutrition.
- We serve fresh fruit every day, with no added sugar
- We do not add salt when cooking vegetables
- Our vegetables are not glazed with oil or butter
- 80% of our salads are undressed
- Potatoes and pasta are prepared without added salt/butter/oil
- We cook with mono-unsaturated oil
- We only use lean meats
- We regularly offer recipes which include oily fish
- We always use ingredients that are lower in fat, salt and sugar
Special dietary requirements can be provided for by consultation with the catering manager.
The pupils have a regular input in the menus offered through the regular meetings of the Food Councils.