Sport Mill Hill Launched
As we enter a new year, we look forward to building on the success of Sport 2007 under the new name of ‘Sport Mill Hill’. Created to celebrate 200 years of sporting achievements and to commence preparations for the 2012 Olympics, the Sport 2007 initiative was designed to promote and celebrate sporting excellence in the Foundation Schools and through our many sporting partnerships. The year saw many major sporting achievements – including the best MHS rugby results for 50 years – as well as the growing success of our partnerships, including those with Saracens and Southgate Hockey.
Mill Hill School: Sporting Achievements 2007
- 1st XV – Middlesex County Cup Holders (2007) and awarded ‘Team of the Month‘, November 2007 by the Evening Standard.
- U16 XV – Unbeaten side for last 3 years and are the current U15 Middlesex County Cup Holders (2006). Pupil Robbie Martey has been selected for South East Division.
- 1st XI Girls – County Champions and reached the South National Finals finishing in 4th place (2007). The team won all but one of their fixtures.
- U18 County Cup Finalists (2007)
- HMC National Stableford Foursomes Champions (2007)
- Team have reached the semi finals of the ISGA (2008)
- U18 Barnet School Champions (2007)
- U14 Barnet School Champions (2007) – Represented Barnet at the London Youth Games
- Year 10 Barnet Champions (Boys & Girls) in the Nestle British Schools Tennis Competition (2007)
- U18 Borough Finalists (2007)
- As well as these achievements, many of our pupils are playing sport outside School at District, County and National level. We have number of current and ex pupils who have also represented England in their chosen sports.
- The Junior Girls Swim Squad remain unbeaten with victories against Forest, Kimbolton, Charterhouse and Haileybury
Read more about Sport Mill Hill here.