Green Month Begins
Monday 26th January sees the start of our annual "Green Month" with activities taking place in all three schools across the Foundation.
Projects, competitions and activities focussing on environmental issues will include:
- Cross Foundation Recycled fashion show on February 26th
- Foundation-wide art show
- Belmont Eco-Committee members will be making a video clip on a theme relating to energy saving and recycling in Belmont
- Competition to see which form can collect the greatest number of old mobile phones and printer cartridges
- Clothes and shoes skip in the lower car park
- Each form will elect an Eco-Monitor responsible for the paper recycling and energy saving
- Talks on textile recycling and waste minimisation
During the month many more activities relating to the environment will take place in the classroom during lessons and form periods. The children thoroughly enjoyed making paper costumes last year and there are some exciting new projects in hand for this year.