Success Outside School
Well done to all our Success Outside of School entries this week. Great to see so many of our pupils involved with great activities and initiatives outside school.
- Lola 5JD had an extremely successful gymnastics competition during the Summer holidays. Lola came 1st on floor and gained 3rd place overall, meaning Lola has progressed to the regional finals in November.
- Jacob 8CM set himself the challenge of climbing Snowdon to raise money for his chosen charity, Family of Hope, which is a school in Uganda for children with special educational needs, who would otherwise not be able to attend school. Jacob successfully reached the summit via Rhyd Ddu and descended from the Ranger path. He raised over £1000 for the charity, which will be used to provide the first musical instruments and music teaching for the children.
- Alexander, 7AW has successfully passed his Grade 2 piano exam.Sofia, 4EP has successfully passed her Grade 1 piano exam
- Sasha, 7NR achieved a high distinction with 90% in her Grade 3 LAMDA exam over the summer
- Kian, 6RB took his Grade 6 Violin exam just before the summer break and was excited to pass with a Distinction 🙂
- Chloe 7WK has been casted in a youth ballet production of “Coppelia” which is being performed at the Elgiva theatre on Sunday 29 September
- On Sunday, Vivek, 4EP joined his family for a South Indian dosa charity brunch, hosted by his aunt. The family used this event to raise money for charity. Keen to do something to help raise money for the Noah’s Ark charity, Vivek put on a chess challenge, challenging willing guests to a game of chess. For every game he won, his opponent would donate a sum of their choice to the charity and for every game he lost, he donated a pound. Over a period of 3 hours Vivek played 8 games of chess with an array of unsuspecting adults, won every game and raised £47 for the charity. Great work Vivek!
- Charlie, 7AC took part in a triathlon at Woburn Abbey – 100m swim in a cold lake, 3k bike and 1k run. His brother Sonny, 3NH took part in a scootathlon – 400m scoot, 400m bike, 150m
- Yasmin, 5TW passed RAD Grade 2 ballet exam with high merit and gained Royal Yachting Association level 1 and 2 sailing qualification.
- Brothers Danny 7AC and Jack 4SP, participated in the 2019 Rough Runner challenge. As part of a team competing for charity Beit Halochim. The group raised a total of £3,000. The funds will help to transform the lives of the 51,000 wounded veterans. The gruelling course was set out at Finsbury Park and the boys were thrilled to complete it, with Danny finishing 2nd overall in the children’s course
Please keep sending your entries into email@example.com