On Foundation day New House was officially renamed Macgregor House. The all-girls Boarding House was fully refurbished in 2017 and has previously been referred to as New House. It was a pleasure to welcome former Mount Girl and Old Millhillian Mrs Stephanie Miller to unveil Macgregor House’s new plaque.
Macgregor House is named after Mary Macgregor, who founded The Mount School for Girls in 1925. On Foundation Day, Ms Bellotti (Head of Mill Hill International) gave a fantastic speech about The Mount School and Mary Macgregor. The original Mount school was based in Highgate Village before relocating to Mill Hill in 1935. In 1939 the school had to relocate once again, but this time to the Cotswolds due to the war. Fortunately, pupils and staff returned to Mill Hill in 1945 after the war ended. In 2014, The Mount School for Girls officially became part of The Foundation. Mill Hill International is now located on its old grounds. Mrs Sanchez, Mrs Justice (Head of Macgregor House) and Ivy (Pupil Head of Macgregor House) also gave excellent speeches to commemorate House’s opening.
It was wonderful to bring our community together and celebrate The Mount and Mary Macgregor. Macgregor House will serve as a constant reminder of Mrs Macgregor’s legacy and her school for many years to come.