Attend explanatory talk about the three Overseas Partnerships on Friday 22nd September 2017 in the Lower Sixth PSHRE lesson. Decide on whether you wish to apply to a project and, if so, which one.
Apply to the relevant Partnership Group Teacher, by letter. The letter of application should include:
a) The reasons for your interest in the Partnership.
b) Your skill-set matched to the Partnership objectives.
c) How your experiences both in and out of school would add value to the Partnership.
Pupils may only apply to one Partnership project. If you are unsuccessful in your application for your chosen project, you may be placed in a “pool” to be considered for another Partnership if there are still places available.
3. Submit your application letter, together with a completed Overseas Partnership cover sheet and a passport photo. All applications must be submitted to the School Office by 5:00pm on Friday 13th October 2017.
4. Your Housemaster/Housemistress/House Parent will be asked to complete a reference for you and other members of staff may be asked to provide information to help us to make decisions about your application. It is important to remember that consistently good levels of attendance and punctuality, a good work ethic and an excellent behaviour record are all important factors that will support your application.
5. All applications will be reviewed and interviews will commence in the week beginning Monday 13th November 2017.
6. Interviews will be conducted by the group leader of the Overseas Partnership project and/or one or more members of their team, between Monday 13th and Monday 20th November 2017.
7. A final decision meeting will be held in the week beginning Monday 20th November 2017. The panel will include group leaders from the Overseas Partnerships together with two members of the Senior Management Team.
8. All applicants will be informed of the panel’s decision, in writing, on Wednesday 29th November 2017. Feedback on applications will be available to all candidates. Those wishing to accept their offer must pay a non-refundable deposit by Friday 8thDecember 2017. (The approximate total cost of each trip is £2,300)
Training and fundraising activities will commence once the Partnership lists have been finalised.
NB: An Overseas Partnership trip will only go ahead if the minimum number of participants is reached and makes the venture viable.