How to Apply
The 2019/20 application process
- You should have attended an explanatory talk about the three Overseas Partnerships on Friday 4 October. If you were absent, please discuss the options with the Assistant Head: Sixth Form. Having processed the information you will need to decide on whether you wish to apply to a project and, if so, which one/s.
- Apply to the relevant Partnership/s by the online form attached to this brochure. Pupils can indicate interest in more than one partnership. If you are unsuccessful in your application for your preferred project, you may be placed in a “pool” to be considered for another Partnership if there are still places available. All applications must be submitted online 5:00pm Friday 18 October 2019.
- Your Housemaster/Housemistress/House Parent will be asked to complete a reference for you and other members of staff may be asked to provide information to help us to make decisions about your application. It is important to remember that consistently good levels of attendance and punctuality, a good work ethic and an excellent behaviour record are all important factors that will support your application.
- All applications will be reviewed and interviews will commence in the week beginning Monday 11 November 2019. Interviews will be conducted by the group leader of the Overseas Partnership project and/or one or more members of their team.
- The date of the final decision meeting is subject to the number of applicants (and thus interviews), but it is hoped that it will be on the week beginning Monday 25 November 2019. The panel will include group leaders from the Overseas Partnerships together with members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- All applicants will be informed of the panel’s decision, in writing. Feedback on applications will be available to all candidates. Those wishing to accept their offer must pay a non-refundable deposit by Friday 6 December 2019. (The approximate total cost of each trip is £2,600)
Training and fundraising activities will commence once the Partnership lists have been finalised.
NB: An Overseas Partnership trip will only go ahead if the minimum number of participants is reached and makes the venture viable