At Mill Hill International, many of our pupils are far from home and family for the first time so we take our pastoral care extremely seriously. We will look after your child as if they were our family.
Each pupil is assigned a Tutor who looks after their academic progress and, with the Housemaster or House Parent, takes care of their pastoral welfare. They will have three 40 minute tutorials a week to look after their academic and pastoral development, encouraging them to stay focused on their goals and seize opportunities.
Pastoral care of pupils at The Mount, Mill Hill International is at the heart of every pupil’s success. Whether a day or boarding pupil, the Housemaster or House Parent together with a team of Tutors, aims to provide an environment that is both caring and supportive.
- Any concerns raised in weekly staff meetings
- Support with homework and study skills
- Pupils reflect on their learning and develop learner independence
- Pupils write personal learning targets and are given advice on how to achieve them
- Daily monitoring of each tutee
- Each pupil’s co-curricular programme is carefully selected to ensure every pupil makes the most of their time at Mill Hill
- Pupils are encouraged to integrate into the life of Mill Hill School