This course is suitable for international pupils who wish to improve their English while following a traditional programme of academic subjects.
The course also suits pupils for whom English is their first language and who will benefit from small class sizes and the high level of individual care which the School offers. Pupils study between 8 and 12 GCSE subjects.
Year 10 Two-Year GCSE course
(14-15 years old) Admissions Procedure
Documents required for application:
- Two latest school reports/transcripts (translated into English)
- Passport copy
- A contact at the applicant’s current school, to obtain a reference
- Online Oxford Placement Test (OPT) testing Use of English and Listening skills
- Written English assignment
- CAT 4 (Cognitive Abilities Test) – an assessment that is designed to understand what students’ academic potential might be. Tasks involve non-verbal reasoning, verbal reasoning, numbers and spatial ability
- Interview with the Head (remote or in person)
End of course assessment
- Internal examinations; GCSE examinations
- Core Subjects: English (as a First or Second Language); Mathematics; Biology; Chemistry and Physics (dual or triple award)
- Optional Subjects (choice of three dependent on timetabling): Additional Mathematics; Art; Business Studies; Design and Technology; English Literature; Geography and Psychology.
- Non-examined Subjects: English as an Additional Language; PE and PSHE.